IndiBlogger - The Largest Indian Blogger Community

Tuesday 30 August 2011

1973


I have been living
in a dark dark chamber,
my life is searching
for a gifted amber...
But then,
am being told,
that am getting old...
For this ain't the time
trying to live free...
For this isn't 1973


i look at the sky,
n watch the eagle..
I was mighty sailor
and carried a Bigul..
Sea was my courtyard where
is spent my youth,
dark days of hunger
along with adventure n loot..
And while being served a beer
not so cold..
They laugh at me, my stories..
As if they were faked gold,
walking myself out of the laughing spree..
I remind myself that
this isn't 1973.


Stars up above,
screaming their song,
long n funny lyrics,
mocking the dark night along.
Little man below,
trying to dream..
Of a day on its way
to be sweet like chocolate cream,
waking up to the choir,
of the wind wrestling the eastward tree..
Reminding me that i can't sing anymore..
For this isn't 1973


closing my eyes,
to the subtle darkness
driving my car,
like am hit by some madness..
(and they think these old eyes can't see what they are trying to do ??? )
think that am a mad nut
and say my days are gone..
Trying to teach me how to live life,
like before me they were born...??
Am not trying anymore,
to make them understand,
that i was the god of the sea,
now wandering your filthy land..
Am going away...
Far far far away now,
i hate your ironed shirts
and the breath of cardamom n clove
i curse you all,
have a face full of blisters
and eyes stung by bee...
For not letting an old man live
peacefully,
just cos he loved his year...
The year 1973...!!!

4 comments:

  1. :| I AM GOING TO USE CAPS LOCK AND BE HARSH. THE USE OF AIN'T KILLED THE POEM FOR ME AND I COULD NOT PROCEED BEYOND THAT. I APOLOGIZE SINCERELY BUT I AM HYPOCRITE WHEN IT COMES TO THE CHOICE OF WORDS IN A GOOD POEM. I AM SORRY FOR BEING SO BLUNT. sincere apologies once again :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. well-written dude... I liked the poem.. a bit of editing required.. but I get the idea and you express well... nice :)

    ReplyDelete

shasaboeyyyyy...!!!!!